Cardinal Path is an award-winning digital data, marketing and analytics firm with offices across the U.S. and Canada. Working with some of the world’s leading brands, Cardinal Path gives organizations a competitive edge by accessing, integrating, and activating their data and deploying the latest in digital marketing techniques. Our teams comprise the top minds in digital marketing, analytics, and data science, and we live by a set of values that guides our success.
Duties & Responsibilities
Intra-Agency Strategy Development
This role will have the ability to develop a strategy to leverage Cardinal Path's position inside the Dentsu Aegis Network. Responsibilities include:
- Lead the development of Cardinal Path's intra-agency strategy and associated business plan, defining relevant KPI's that will measure progress and identify areas for focus.
- Identify and create leverage for Cardinal Path in the Dentsu Aegis Network by building and maintaining solid corporate and agency-level relationships.
- Work closely with the Dentsu Aegis Commercial team to navigate the network, communicate Cardinal Path's capabilities and value proposition, and identify revenue opportunities.
- Work closely with sister agencies to ensure Cardinal Path is positioned to receive internal referral business, is participating in relevant new business / pitches, and is as well positioned for co-selling and co-delivery opportunities.
- Define a roadmap for intra-agency growth within the network including a team structure with associated roles and responsibilities.
- Obtain a strong and ongoing knowledge of Cardinal Path's pipeline and prospects, current client engagements, and product / services capabilities.
- Identify any referral business opportunities that Cardinal Path could bring to appropriate sister agencies.
- Craft the strategy for building out Cardinal Path’s intra-DAN business development and delivery teams.
Intra-Agency Branding & Communications
- Work with CP Marketing to consistently and effectively communicate our core offerings and value-proposition within the DAN Network.
- Ensure that Cardinal Path has intra-agency agreements in place with key agencies, and east to activate contract templates to reduce time-to-contract.
- Build relationships with Communications & New Business team members to proactively identify opportunities for generating awareness of and demand for Cardinal Path services and solutions
- Serve as Cardinal Path's brand champion and advocate, actively promoting the value of digital transformation across DAN corporate and agency stakeholders
- Work with Marketing to deploy intra-DAN communications and new business campaigns designed to generate demand for a defined set of solutions
- With support of Marketing, take a lead in crafting and presenting compelling pitch decks
- With support of Marketing and Sales teams, contribute to RFP submissions as required
- Work with agency account managers to help them improve their understanding of the DI industry, develop their data-centric client communications skills, and enable them to better understand how our DI offerings fit into the big picture for their clients.
Strategic Business & Account Development
- Identify and cultivate new business opportunities with existing DAN Clients and new clients by promoting ideas that align with client’s business, consumer and brand objectives across all domains within Cardinal Path’s offerings.
- Develop strong relationship with other Senior Business Development / Account Development members of key agencies in DAN.
- Conduct and actively use strategic client planning to identify growth opportunities.
- Lead or participate in client pitches and provide scope, technical and subject matter expertise with the support of the broader sales team at Cardinal Path.
- Lead in developing and delivering proposals and statements of work (“SOW”) for DAN-level opportunities while ensuring scope is clearly defined and costs match what is outlined in the project plan.
- Proactively review the SOWs with clients to ensure that they understand their responsibilities to the success of the project
- Seek opportunities for CP to participate in DAN-level net-new sales opportunities, organic opportunities, and RFP's.
- Participate in regular DAN New Business meetings for both Canada and the US.
- Provide intra-agency reporting as required within Cardinal Path and the DAN network (includes New Business, DAN Referred Business (both inbound and outbound).
- Participate in DAN New Business forums, agency events, and client meetings in the New York area.
- Seek opportunities for Cardinal Path to provide intra-agency training on key areas within the DI and DM space (I.e. Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, SEO, SEM, Dashboarding, etc.)
This position is based in New York, NY, and should expect to split time between two major Dentsu Aegis Network office locations. While we expect some occasional travel in this position, it is not expected to make up more than 25% of the time commitment.
- MBA or comparable experience with focus on quantitative field
- 3 + years working in the field of marketing strategy, advertising strategy.
- 3+ years working in applied marketing analytics and/or research
- 5+ years working in a client results service organization preferable an advertising agency or management consultancy.
- 3+ years working in the field of digital analytics and marketing
- Experience navigating the complexities of a large multi-nation, multi-agency network.
- Be familiar with research methodologies, their benefits and limitations.
- Exceptional PowerPoint and deck building skills.
- Ability to quickly master new disciplines, concepts and technologies.
- Experience responding to formal RFIs & RFPs for large brand businesses
- Creativity, initiative, insight, resourcefulness and an entrepreneurial spirit
- Ability to lead and execute in an ambiguous environment
- Motivational and collaborative leadership style
- Ability to travel within North America and internationally.
- Broad and thorough knowledge of digital analytics, digital marketing and e-commerce.
We are a fast-growing, leading marketing company with offices in the U.S. and Canada. We offer our employees competitive wages, flexible benefits, an awesome culture and the satisfaction of seeing a positive impact on our client's’ bottom line.
Cardinal Path is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.