The Data Engineer will be responsible for developing Big Data solutions for client to further position Cardinal Path as a leading data, analytics, and insight service provider. We are searching for candidates that have a solid background in designing and implementing large-scale database and datawarehouse environments in the cloud.
An ideal candidate will have proven expertise in system architecture, database design, data integrations, and be an expert in SQL. Experience with delivering in big data platforms such as Google BigQuery, Microsoft Azure SQL DB, or Amazon Redshift is essential. Expertise with traditional RDBMS platforms such as SQL Server or Oracle as well as NoSQL and Hadoop environments would complement. Data integration experience using ETL platforms such as AirFlow, Talend, Informatica, or SSIS is important..
Experience in the digital data and analytic ecosystem and intermediate knowledge in Web Analytic tools (Google Analytics or the Adobe Marketing Cloud), and API expertise is a major plus. Familiarity with Python, R, and visualization environments such as Tableau or PowerBI is beneficial.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Estimate projects involving data integration, data architecture, business analysis or application development.
- Design and architect solutions to meet client needs within budget
- Translate stakeholder business needs into detailed business/functional requirements that drive database design
- Develops, implements, and supports methodologies, standards, and tools for data management.
- Create ongoing standards and process for overall data architecture team, including developing governance, support and testing models
- Create datasets, extracts, or views of data that will be consumed by teams of analysts and data scientists to support data mining, analytics, reporting, and dashboards
- Provide subject matter expertise on industry trends for database-related technologies
- Perform exploratory data validation with analysts to ensure quality data standards are in place and ensure data integrity during all transformation steps.
- Ability to build cooperative, productive relationships with clients and vendors, have excellent communication skills, and interact effectively with all levels of management.
- Participate in product roadmap discussions and identifying key areas for improvement of products and services.
- Promote best practices and provide leadership to a team of developers and data engineers
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field of study (Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Business Analysis, etc) with a minimum of 3-5 years experience with database development
- Experience with Cloud / Big Data Technologies such as BigQuery, Azure SQL DB, Amazon Redshift
- Experience with relational database systems including SQL Server, Oracle, MySql, Postgres
- Deep knowledge of ETL tools and how they can be applied to a big data environment
- Advanced skills in data scripting and database development technologies (SQL, Python, R)
- Familiarity with analyzing digital marketing, advertising and ecommerce data
- API expertise for Google Analytics, Facebook, Twitter, etc. is a plus
- Familiarity with web analytics tools such as Adobe Marketing Cloud or Google Analytics
- Experience with optimizing BI or visualization tools such as Tableau or Power BI
- Experience with Cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud
- Familiar with NoSql database technologies such as MongoDB
- Knowledge of technologies such as Spark, Hadoop, and Airflow
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently in meeting deadlines
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills and is comfortable working with remote teams
- 3+ years experience in marketing technology/data/analytics roles
Cardinal Path, part of Dentsu Aegis Network, is a leading digital analytics and digital marketing firm focused on delivering insight, understanding and outcomes that create competitive advantage for our clients. We engage at the strategic, business, and technical levels to generate tangible and quantifiable value for our partners. Our clients include brands such as Johnson and Johnson, Pfizer, Asics and hundreds of others. Cardinal Path’s mission is: To know. To Share. To be our Partners’ competitive advantage. And our company culture reflects the importance of our people’s’ expertise, wellness and happiness in everything we do.
We are a fast-growing, leading marketing company with offices in the U.S. and Canada. We offer our employees competitive wages, flexible benefits, an awesome culture and the satisfaction of seeing a positive impact on our client's’ bottom line.
Cardinal Path is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.