The Staff Consultant role at Cardinal Path is designed for people who have some exposure to digital analysis or digital business intelligence but really want to grow existing skills and learn new skills. Areas of growth include (but are not limited to) data visualization, data science, customer analysis, and testing strategies. If this is the right role for you, then read on.
You are a natural problem solver and a quick learner. You enjoy working with data because it’s like a mystery to be solved. You do not give up easily and you know how to separate the signal from the noise. You also enjoy working with people because you can both listen and translate data into meaningful business actions. You are not afraid to re-work a hypothesis. You finding those actionable insights that make clients want to keep coming back to you.
In this role, you will have have the opportunity to work with industry thought leaders and world class clients. We will teach you our analytic methodologies which will be executed through both automated reporting and ongoing analysis.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Document and critically assess the client’s business and analysis questions; develop complex metric guides to answer these client queries
- Grow positive client relationships and trust through strong work and timely responsivity
- Understand the infrastructure whereby data is collected, either on a website or via media tools; use debugging tools regularly
- Lead data pull methodology from various web analytics and media analytics tools
- Develop visuals to explain data trends, either via dashboarding or data visualization tools
- Provide deep analysis of data; extract & communicate a ‘data story’, inclusive of visuals, to answer the client’s business needs
- Develop clear, effective, on-the-fly communications in response to client queries
- Manage multiple tasks across multiple projects in a timely manner
- Serve as a mentor to entry-level team members
- Bachelor’s degree (quantitative field preferred)
- 2 - 3 years of business analysis focusing on performance optimization
- 2 - 3 years of continuous work with digital analysis tools, such as Google Analytics or Adobe Analytics
- Excellent communication skills including verbal, written and data visualization
- Very strong skills in Excel and PowerPoint
- 2 to 3 years working in a professional services organization, such as an advertising agency, media agency or management consultancy
- 1 - 2 years experience presenting analysis and insights to stakeholders/clients
- Ability to manage time effectively across competing priorities
- Use sound judgment to identify issues and escalate them when appropriate
- Takes constructive feedback well and not afraid to ask questions when help is needed
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau, Domo, Data Studio or Power BI
- Contribute to improvements in processes used by analysts
- Giving constructive feedback/mentorship to less experienced colleagues
- Ability to collaborate effectively on a workstream
What will make you stand out
- Demonstrated passion for the field of analytics; ability to pick up new skills proactively
- Understanding of major digital marketing channels, such as paid search and programmatic display
- Exposure to advanced web analytics methodologies such A/B testing, attribution, survey analysis
- Experience gathering and documenting business requirements for analytics initiatives
- Experience presenting analysis to clients or stakeholders
- Comfortable taking initiative while executing a project
We are a fast-growing, leading marketing company with offices in the U.S. and Canada. We offer our employees competitive wages, flexible benefits, an awesome culture and the satisfaction of seeing a positive impact on our clients’ bottom line.
dered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.