Cardinal Path is a leading digital analytics and digital marketing firm focused on delivering insight, understanding and outcomes that create competitive advantage for our clients. We engage at the strategic, business, and technical levels to generate tangible and quantifiable value for our partners.
At the highest level this position is responsible for supporting and championing the analytic needs of our clients by providing high quality web analytics implementations, analysis, and training for clickstream tools such as Google Analytics, Adobe Marketing Cloud, Webtrends, and IBM Digital Analytics (Coremetrics / Unica). While supporting our clients’ needs, the candidate will also be responsible for creating holistic dashboards by pulling data from different data sources and websites for presentation to our client’s management teams.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Evaluate business goals and objectives from multiple business teams and develop tracking/tagging strategies to allow individuals and teams to measure success
- Consult directly with clients and/or their agencies on projects requiring web analytics platform selection, implementation and platform remediation.
- Work with client development teams to install, configure & use web analytics services such as Google Analytics, Adobe Marketing Cloud and others
- Able to lead a team with site tag implementation, custom rules development and leverage data layer elements for analysis through best-in class Tag Management Solution platforms such as Google Tag Manager, Dynamic Tag Manager, Tealium, Ensighten, Signal, and others.
- Serve as the primary lead on the development of implementation documentation for client developers that details page code requirements and data layer details to support stated business analysis needs.
- Lead and/or perform quality assurance tests on tracking implementations
- Assist with tracking and improving the results of clients marketing campaigns
- Provide best practices consulting services to clients in solving their Web analytics platform strategy and technical needs.
- Partner with multiple business units within the client’s organization as well as outside the company to ensure that best practices in metrics and decision making are being exposed to the client management and core website decision makers.
- Conduct platform training and knowledge sharing in web analytics for clients and the project team.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent
- Google Analytics Individual Qualification or Adobe Certified Expert : Implementation
- Minimum 3 to 4 years on-the-job experience implementing web analytics tools such as Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, or WebTrends.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience with web development
- Strong understanding of HTML and web protocols
- Adept with at least one Tag Management Solution such as Google Tag Manger, Adobe Dynamic Tag Manager, Ensighten, Signal, Tealium or TagMan
- Comfortable presenting findings and providing training on analytics tool usage
- Strong English communication skills (written and verbal)
- Proficient with tag auditing tools such as Fiddler, Charles, ObservePoint, WASP
- Experience with iOS and Android SDKs for mobile platform analytics deployment
- Experience with SQL-based queries (PHP, MySQL or other), flat-file handling through programmatic code, and ETL tools
- Experience using Google or Adobe API’s to insert and extract data
- Team leadership / technical skills mentoring / management experience a plus
We are a fast-growing, leading marketing company with offices in the U.S. and Canada. We offer our employees competitive wages, flexible benefits, an awesome culture and the satisfaction of seeing a positive impact on our clients’ bottom line.
Cardinal Path is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.